Maple is the flagship of the tree outline managers for power users that enables you to create your own hierarchical trees for storing information such as documents, notes, links, contacts, passwords, or photos.
The dual-window interface, with quick-action hot buttons and drag-and-drop support, facilitates the building of your tree. Selecting Add Node from the Tree menu creates a new 'branch' for your growing tree, which you can name or later rename. You can create unlimited nodes and sub-nodes and assign any document or image to each node. Clicking on the Delete Children button will delete all child nodes of a selected node. Choosing Collapse All or Expand All will expand or collapse your tree.
Maple imports and exports OPML, standard text files, Rich Text Format, Word doc and docx, Windows Write, Adobe PDF, and HTML files used by Microsoft Word and other word-processors.
Other options include complete control over text and tree appearance. Use any font installed on your system, control the font size and attributes. Onscreen you can quickly increase or decrease text size, add super- or subscript text, and change the text alignment (flush left, centered, or flush right). You can also quickly create numbered or bulleted lists, headers, footers and tables. Maple lets you create custom styles for your text - define a font, face, attributes, color, alignment, etc. - that lets you easily apply a style to specific text. Great for headers, captions, or entire paragraphs of text you need to distinctively separate.
Maple also has a built-in spell checker, password generator, and let you embed or link to images or files. Other features include changing the case of text to all upper or lower, and character map, font preview in the font selection window so you get a quick peek at what a font looks like, and print preview.
» version 8.42 - posted on 2017-02-01
Native support for docx files.
Support for Czech.
» version 7.0 - posted on 2007-05-02
Node icons and flags now support transparency.
Added ability to move and dock Tree, Search, and Bookmark panes.
Added ability to save and restore layouts.
Optimized basic tree operations.
Updated Office 2003 visual theme.
Updated spelling dictionary.
Improved multi-user access mode.
EULA - End User License Agreement
Maple License for use and distribution
This license agreement covers all existing versions of Maple: "Maple" and "Maple Professional" from now on referred below as "Maple" unless otherwise specified.
Maple is distributed as try-before-you-buy. This means:
1. All rights to Maple are exclusively owned by the author - Crystal Office Systems.
2. Anyone may use this software during a test period of 30 days. Following this test period of 30 days or less, if you wish to continue to use Maple, you should purchase a license.
3. Once registered, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use Maple on one computer, for any legal purpose, at a time. The registered Maple software may not be rented or leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to terms of this license. If the software is an update, the transfer must include the update and all previous versions.
4. The Maple evaluation version, may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is
5. To register you must complete the online registration form and pay registration fee.
6. MAPLE IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
7. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Crystal Office Systems.
8. Installing and using Maple signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
9. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove Maple files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.